Saturday, October 21, 2017

Space Assignment

(x)

A space and mapping assignment where the concept is that we illustrate a personal map of the locations we often go to on campus.

For me, there were only four places that I regularly visit: The art and business colleges for classes, the library for alone time, and the HTC center for replacement earbuds and comics catalog which isn't very impressive.



I hate hate hate drawing type. Having to measure every letter to make sure everything is straight and perfectly sized is a pain in the ass. For the map part I didn't even bother with measurements and just placed tracing paper on top of my computer screen and traced everything. Of course it came out badly but the map is put on an angel anyway so it's not like anybody's gonna read it.


The project was assigned the day after my light table came in the mail so it was the perfect opportunity to test it out.


Blue pencil clean up. The map didn't stretch out far enough so the left side was just a bunch of made up buildings and roads. I also added in my car to signify that I was a commuter and some trees to cover up parts of the building I didn't want to draw. That was influenced by Sean Gordon Murphy's Back to the Future drawing.

I feel like a true arteest.



No comments:

Post a Comment